Many people may think that senior photos aren’t necessary, that the school head shot will be plenty to remember this monumental year by… Though I may be biased, I couldn’t disagree more. Here are my top ten reasons why senior pictures are so important:10. You may never be involved in the extra-curricular activities you’re in now again. Whether it’s dance or football, or marching band or choir… Many seniors end their athletic and musical careers after high school. Though many do go on to play in college, so many of you seniors don’t. Whether it’s time, money, or just pressures of the “real world,” a lot changes in college, so your senior year might be your last chance to take full advantage of sports and music.
9. You know your surroundings, and you’re confident in them. This might not apply to all seniors, but many (or even most) of you have been in the same area throughout your high school life, or even your entire schooling. As a senior, you own the school. You know the ins and outs, which teachers to get close with, and which ones to avoid… You know how high school works. Take advantage of that confidence.8. You’re still at home. You’ve got your childhood pets, your home, and your life all close to you. Many seniors choose to leave for college, the military, or a career elsewhere. When you’re hundreds, or even thousands, of miles away from everything you know, it’s nice to have something nice to look back on.
7. It’s tradition. Your parents probably had senior photos done, maybe even your grandparents too! Though modern senior photos may be very different than what you grandma might be used to, they’re still something to treasure.6. Let’s get honest for a minute… If you’re a high school athlete who isn’t planning on playing sports in college, you might be in the best shape of your life. You’ve got the time to work out, you don’t have to pay for a gym membership to keep you motivated, and it’s something you can do with your friends and classmates. High school sports are competitive and exciting, which keeps it interesting enough to keep going with it. There’s the saying “Freshman 15” for a reason… Fingers crossed you don’t get so unlucky 😉 But you might as well capture your figure while you’re gorgeous!
5. Senior photos are multi-functional. They don’t just go in the yearbook. You can hand them out to your friends and family, use them for graduation announcements and open house invitations, print them off and hang them on the wall, get a photo book to show your significant other later in life, or even your children someday. And let’s not forget about social media! Having that perfect profile photo to impress your new friends next year is a must.4. Your senior yearbook is one that you’re going to look back on for a long time… Do you want to trust the cookie-cutter head shot that you only get one take for, to be the photo all your classmates remember you by? Or do you want for someone who takes the time to get to know you and your personality to capture you as who you are?
3. Getting senior photos done is fun! Who doesn’t like getting dressed up and told how gorgeous you are for a few hours? We laugh, listen to music, and have a genuinely good time on location. It’s far more than just a photo shoot… It’s something you’ll remember forever. As a bonus, you get to be famous! I use many of my seniors’ photos as promotional tools, so who knows… maybe you’ll end up on a billboard or magazine someday!2. It’s an excuse to travel. If there’s a gorgeous location you’ve been meaning to visit, but have continued to put of off again and again… now is the time to go. If there’s a place you love and want to remember, let’s go! Beaches, parks, trails, downtown… you name it. If there’s a place you’ve always wanted to go, or a place you cherish, it’s the perfect place for senior photos.
1. Most importantly, senior year is all about you. This year will change everything. You decide what’s next. You call the shots. You set your goals and determine your future. There’s no set path for you to take next. You get to choose what you’re going to make of yourself. Tell the world. Show the world. Make a name for yourself, and capture it.To book your senior session, please click the contact link at the top of this post or contact me on Facebook! God Bless ♥ Victoria